Ask the Expert
What are the various pre-requisites of ERP?
Let understand describe the essential cultural elements based on best practices to make ERP a great success.
- Highly customer focused environment
- Hierarchy and boundary less structure with empowered employees
- Well desired process based activities
- Responsible and accountable process ownerships
The absence of any one of the above will lead to ERP malfunction. Hence to make the successful implementation, ERP must be properly interpreted in the following ways.
- ERP is more a business strategy than IT strategy.
" The concept of ERP is more suitable for the lean manufacture than mass manufacture. In fact, in assemble to order scenario,
ERP brings excellent business results, whereas in make to order scenario, it goes beyond business results and improves employee morale and motivation.
- The culture of make to stock is not at all suitable to ERP, and hence forceful implementation of ERP will make ERP degenerate into more of a transactional system than a planning system, there by losing its core inherent capability.
- The typical qualities of ERP users include team spirit, analytical mindset, and readiness to be a change agent, willingness to accept process accountability, viewing IT as a tool for scientific experimentations and improve information level.
- The chief issue of ERP is not the process or the technology but the people. Hence, the Human Resource Head should be the main project leader for the ERP exercise.
What is the role of technology in the ERP selection criteria?
How to prepare an organization for ERP implementation?
Should SMEs implement ERP system?
What is meant by enterprise application integration?
What are the roles and responsibilities of ERP vendors?
How is the cost of ERP implementation built up?
What is the difference between ERP and tools for ERP?
What is the typical implementation time frame for ERP system?
What are the difference between service and manufacturing industry?
Why ERP is considered to be the backbone of e-business?
Why can't companies develop their own ERP packages?
What are some key areas in which ERP systems can yield additional cost savings?
If you have any questions relating to ERP, you may send it here:
ERP Help Center
ERP Pandit is here to help find a suitable ERP solution for your organization. Drop a few lines about your organization. You will be surprised by the right choice of the ERP solution that will offer 100 per cent satisfaction.
WRITE TO US
Common ERP Myths
ERP means more work and procedures
ERP will make many employees redundant and jobless
ERP is the sole responsibility of the management
ERP is just for the Managers/Decision-makers
ERP is just for Manufacturing Organizations
ERP is just for the ERP implementation team
ERP slows down the organization
ERP is just to impress customers
ERP package will take care of everything
One ERP Package will suit everybody
ERP is very expensive
Organization can succeed without ERP